Senior Scholarship Page
- Scholarships are listed by due date/deadline!!! Must check ahead.
Jaye C. Duncan Lion's Student Loan- Special community organization loan available only to Newfane students (high school seniors and college students) who plan on attending a 2 or 4 year college/university, or trade or technical school. Students must reapply annually if they desire additional funding. This is a low interest loan, currently fixed at 5%, which does not start accruing the interest until 12 months after completion, or leaving, college/school when a repayment schedule must be initiated. Apply by June 1. NYS Excelsior Scholarship
- Available to eligible NYS residents planning to attend a 2 or 4 yr. SUNY
college (includes all community colleges). New scholarship- 2017 first yr. made available.
NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- Available to eligible NYS residents planning on attending a participating private
NYS college (see list of participating colleges on website). New Scholarship- 2017 first yr. made available.
Scholarships are listed by due date/deadline!!! Must check ahead.
Note: If you are looking for additional scholarships, visit scholarship websites such as fastweb.com, and finaid.org.
Also, check out the following website for unusual scholarships: Weird Scholarships
(by category and also scroll down to the bottom for "101" top weird scholarship list).
Oct. 25 - Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Must be a full time senior in a US high school with plans to enter college next fall. Must exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree (4 yr. college diploma) at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the US (may start your studies at a 2 yr. institution and then transfer to a 4 yr. institution). Must also demonstrate critical financial need (<
$55,000 adjusted gross income is required). Also, be involved in co-curricular and community service activities plus display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity. Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 (= "C" or 73% ave.). Lastly, must be a US citizen.
Nov. 17 - Young Musicians Scholarship
- Sponsored by Friends of the BPO and Buffalo Chamber Music Society. The purpose is to recognize exceptionally talented young people who are pursuing music in their future studies. These scholarships are available to high school seniors from Erie and Niagara County, who will major in music at any college or university in Fall 2018.
Nov. 27 - NCMEA Music Scholarship
- The NCMEA scholarship was created to aid Niagara County students who are pursuing a
career in music. Students must be attending a NCMEA member school and be a candidate for
graduation in June of 2018 in order to be considered for the scholarship. Please contact NCMEA Vice President Judy Peterson (Newfane Middle School) with any questions at
Nov. 27 - Elks Lodge Most Valuable Student Scholarship
- The 2018 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. The 20 top finalists will participate in an all expenses paid Leadership Weekend
in Chicago during which they’ll interview with the national judges. These 20 finalists will be vying for two first-place awards of $50,000; two second-place awards of $40,000; and two third-place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000.
- be a legal resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- graduate from a NYS high school in the class of 2017;
- enroll full time as a first time student in an eligible NYS college for the fall 2017 term; and
- have achieved at least two of the following during high school:
- have graduated with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or above (>87%);
- have graduated “with honors” on a New York State Regents diploma or received a score of 3 or higher on two or more Advanced Placement (or AP) examinations;
- have graduated within the top 15% of his or her high school class.
Aug. - NY State STEM Incentive Program Scholarship
- The NYS STEM Incentive Program provides a full SUNY tuition scholarship to the top 10 percent of students in each NYS high school if they pursue a STEM degree in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program and agree to live in NYS and work in a STEM field in NYS for five years after graduation. Carefully review the list of inclusive college majors (approved "programs of study) and approved occupations list to ensure that you qualify!
NYS Math and Science Teaching Incentive Program
- Must be matriculated in an approved undergraduate or graduate program full-time at a degree-granting institution in NYS leading to a career as a math or science teacher in secondary education.
NOTE: If you are a high school senior you may not apply at this time. You may apply in January of your first year of college.
A recipient receives an annual award payment for full-time study equal to the annual tuition charged to a NYS resident student attending an undergraduate program at the State University of New York (SUNY), or actual tuition charged, whichever is less. See additional criteria on website.